Tab #4: Income Statement (IS)
This sheet is the income statement (IS), otherwise known as the profit and loss (P&L) statement. It provides a breakdown of the company's revenues and costs over a period of time. You can also input estimates for the next twelve months (NTM), and also view horizontal and vertical analysis trends in more depth. More specifics on this sheet are included below:
- Income Statement Financials and Charts
- The income statement presented is a standardized version that the Wisesheets API outputs. Therefore, this does not capture all of the detail you'd see in a company's 10-K or 10-Q income statement, just the most important components. By default, all financial data is presented in millions, except per share data, and goes back 10 years from the Analysis Year. The trailing twelve months (TTM) is also included, along with an option to input your next twelve months (NTM) estimates as well. You can also see the sparkline charts for every income statement line item, including revenue growth and percentage of revenue calculations.
- Income Statement Horizontal Analysis
- Horizontal analysis lets investors evaluate growth for every income statement line item over a particular period.
- Income Statement Financials Distribution
- Investors can reference the min, mean, median, and max columns to evaluate the normal distribution of the company's income statement line items, up to 10 years. Investors can also select any time period within the last 10 years and compare the min, mean, median, and max between these two dates, to get a better picture of historical or recent trends.