Tab #1: Cover
The COVER sheet is the cover page for StableBread's Automated Stock Analysis Spreadsheet. It features the version number, the last official updated date, and a disclaimer. This tab also has links to the Overview, Documentation, Changelog, and Roadmap pages on StableBread.
For privacy and security reasons, this sheet cannot be unlocked or deleted.
Tab #2: Guide
The GUIDE sheet shows you how to use this workbook to its fullest potential. This sheet is broken out into four main sections:
- Spreadsheet Requirements, Debugging, and Best Practices
- Covers (1) the requirements prior to using this workbook, (2) quick debugging tips if you're experiencing any errors, and (3) best practices to make the spreadsheet run optimally.
- Spreadsheet Tab Descriptions and Macros
- Provides an overview of the 22 different tab colors, hyperlinks to each tab, a short purpose description for each tab, and a more detailed explanation on what's offered on each tab.
- Also describes what each macro does on the spreadsheet, which is identical to what's shown above on this page.
- Workbook Cell Formatting Rules
- This spreadsheet follows 16 different cell formatting rules, which are applied consistently throughout all 22 tabs. This section describes each one and tells you how to interpret different colors and borders. The most important ones are the (1) model input, and (2) the dropdown selection input, as these (besides the notes boxes), are generally the only cells you should be editing.
- Excel Shortcut Reference Library
- Lists out all ~430+ defined name ranges in the workbook and their shortcut names.
- Shows the reference cell or formula in which the shortcut name applies, as well as the source tab in which the shortcut name is located.
- NOTE: The outputs of these calculations or cell references can be accessed by typing the "=" sign within any cell and typing in the shortcut name. This is particularly useful when you want to know a financial metric or data point for a company quickly. For example, typing "=LFY_Revenue" into any cell will give you the company's total revenue for the last fiscal year.